Electronics & Communication Engineering
The department offers 2 courses
|B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering||No of Seats: 60||Duration : 4 Years|
|M.Tech. in Communication Engineering||No of Seats: 18||Duration : 2 Years|
Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed among many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications , control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others. The curriculum is so designed as to give adequate emphasis on the digital processing of information for efficient communication over noisy channels. This branch of Engineering has a key place in the field of computers, Information Technology, Electrical, power system operations, communication systems etc. Hence the job opportunities for Electronics and communication engineers are wide spread across the world.The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has always retained high standards and expectations for academic achievement.
The Electronics and Communication Engineering department aspire to be internationally top-ranking centre of excellence in the teaching and research of its relevant subjects.
The mission is to provide quality education at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, so as to produce high-calibre graduates who will play leading roles in their chosen careers; in industry, the professions and academia.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering have a modern, state of the art library with a huge collection of text books, periodicals, journals and other resources to help the students and staffs in their academics.The library is situated in the Second Floor of Main Block.The library is accessible from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.It also maintains a copy of main project reports, seminar reports and mini project reports done by the students.
- Analog Communication lab
- Advanced Communication lab
- Logic Design lab
- Basic Electronics lab
- Analog Circuits lab
- VLSI & Embedded Systems lab
- Signal Processing lab
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller lab
- Programming lab
Association of Electronics and Communication Engineers (AZTECS)
This is an assoication body comprising of students and faculty of Elecronics and Communication
Engineering Department. This was formed to instill and create an awareness among its members
about the latest development and trends occuring in the technical field.
The association conducts various workshops, project exhibitions and seminars by emminent personalities through out the year.
It provides a platform for students to show case their ideas, skills and exhibit their project models which later resulted in Startup ventures.
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in fundamentals of computing, programming, algorithms and recent technologies
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of fundamentals of hardware technology relevant to understanding computer science basics
- AGraduates will have knowledge of the best practices in software development in industry
- Graduates will demonstrate capability to work in teams and in professional work environments
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their qualities of learning in latest technology
- Graduates will be able to develop the capability for self- learning