Mechanical Engineering, being one of the major strings in the engineering portfolio is involved in the design, study, development and construction enclosing almost all physical devices and stems. With an experience spanning more than 10 years, the institute exposes the candidate to most of the engineering scenarios through state of the art laboratory facilities (such as technical systems lab, CAD CAM lab with CNC machine, etc) equipped with qualified personnel.
- ME Department aims at enhancing employability skills of students
- Faculty expertise in all divisions of Mechanical Engineering
- Training for students in Pro - E, CATIA, Primavera, SolidEdge, ANSYS FLUENT, AUTOCAD, Abaqus
- Promote the usage of open source software like OpenFOAM, ParaView, and CFX in projects
- Technical cell to promote innovative ideas and projects
- State of the art lab facilities like CNC Turning Lathe, CAD/CAM lab etc.
- Mechanical gallery displaying all engine cut sections, acessories and models
- Mechanical engineering association initiates activities for overall development of students
Formate students into technically versatile and socially committed citizens having a vibe to excel in life beholding professional ethics.
Constantly updating departmental resources for purposeful research along with imparting a pedagogy of creative, logical and analytical thinking and augmenting moral values through timely mentoring.
PEOs and POs
MED Program Educational Objective
(i) Able to think in a holistic manner by keeping up with professional ethics and
thereby to earn the trust and respect as a team member.
(ii) Develop oneself to pursue research either through higher education or by coming up with innovative solutions to solve the various issues that plague the technical world.
(iii) Enlighten the minds of the future so as to participate as leaders in their respective expertizes and thereby to achieve flying colours in the same.
(iv) Technically equip them to levels such that their achievements may be milestones for the remaining.
(v) Furnish them with various skills and competencies ensuring adaptability to various rapidly changing scenarios.
MED Program Objectives
(i) Ability to bridge theoretical knowledge to practical engineering cases so as to get
a clear idea of the problem and solve the same.
(ii) Able to work towards solving issues faced in the rural scenarios thereby to develop as social and ethical individuals.
(iii) To communicate effectively in all aspects.
(iv) To become self-confident individuals to face any industrial situation that may arise.
(v) Enable them to suceed in various competitive exams(scenarios/ ).
(vi) Empower the future leaders to utilize modern tools in engineering.
(vii) To synergize ideas and efforts and act as an effective team members.
(viii) To grow as strong and efficient decision makers.
(ix) Qualify them as fruitful individuals with superior managerial skills.
(x) To ensure that students are able to synthesize, sieve and organize data for a particular task.
(xi) To understand the value of knowledge and its scope in industrial and everyday life and through which to engage in life-long learning.
(xii) To obtain a holistic viewpoint in all fields and thus to function constructively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Message from HEAD OF DEPARTMENT's desk
The Dept. of Mechanical Engineering was started in 2005 with an intake of 60 students. Since
then, the Mechanical Engineering Dept. has emerged out as one of the best Departments in the College
in terms of academic and co-curricular activities. There are 12 teaching faculty specialized in
various streams of Mechanical Engineering having academic exposures from IITs and NITs. The
Mechanical Engineering Department have well-equipped Laboratory facilities relevant to B.Tech
course and as per updated syllabus of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. There are
separate facilities for CNC programming and CNC machining. The CAD Laboratory of the Department
caters to all software related studies with original updated software versions of Solid Egde,
AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Primavera and MS Project. The Mechanical Engg. Department also encourages open
source software studies especially, OpenFOAM.
The Mechanical Engineering Association (Association of Radiant Mechanical Engineers, ARME) is constantly trying to foster the extra and co-curricular activities of its students. The core committee of the Association is an elected body constituted by HEAD OF DEPARTMENT-ME, Faculty Coordinators and student representatives from each year. Every year, the ARME conductTechnical Fests, Auto Shows, B.Tech project exhibitions and expert lectures from industries.
The Department also promotes Industrial Visits in each semesters and Educational Tours every year, which is accompanied by teaching faculty. Career development and employability enhancement programmes are conducted every year in association with professional bodies.
Department has the following laboratory facilities;
- Advanced Geotechnical Laboratory
- Material Testing Lab I
- Material Testing Lab II
- Surveying Practical I
- Surveying Practical II
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
MBCCET-CITE wishes to foster innovation driven entrepreneurship among the faculty and students of MBCCET Group of Professional Institutions through mentoring and training.
Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (RACE)
Department has the following laboratory facilities;
RACE, an association consisting of student and faculty members of the department is functioning fully fledge in campus. The association has been instrumental in providing the students an exposure to recent advancements in the area of Civil Engineering. RACE is coordinated by the Department of Civil Engineering. The major activities of the association include, Talks by Experts, Quiz Competition, Inter College Tech Fests, Technical exhibitions etc.
The Student Outcomes define the knowledge and skills that will be mastered by our graduates. To enable the Civil Engineering students to accomplish the educational objectives, the curriculum is designed to assure that students at the time of graduation, would be able to possess;
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility as well as the importance of professional licensure
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- An ability to use the techniques, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice