B.Tech. in Civil Engineering : No of Seats: 60
The educational objectives of the department are;
To educate students in the application of mathematics, science, and engineering principles
for solving civil engineering problems.
To develop students’ analytical, industrial and technical skills requires for an engineer to excel in his career.
Prepare engineering graduates to solve open ended problems, Instil in our graduates an understanding of professional ethics and the relationship between the engineering profession and the society.
Our vision is to become a nationally known Department of Civil Engineering that is recognized for its outstanding education, research, and outreach programs, and is renowned for the high quality of its graduates.
The mission is to provide students with a sound civil engineering education, advance the understanding and application of civil engineering principles, enhance economic development of the State, and improve the quality of life of our citizens through teaching, research, and related programs.
Department has the following laboratory facilities;
- Advanced Geotechnical Laboratory
- Material Testing Lab I
- Material Testing Lab II
- Surveying Practical I
- Surveying Practical II
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (RACE)
RACE, an association consisting of student and faculty members of the department is functioning fully fledge in campus. The association has been instrumental in providing the students an exposure to recent advancements in the area of Civil Engineering. RACE is coordinated by the Department of Civil Engineering. The major activities of the association include, Talks by Experts, Quiz Competition, Inter College Tech Fests, Technical exhibitions etc.
Department of Civil Engineering provide consultancy in different areas of Civil Engineering, the major facilities available are;
Advanced Geotechnical Laboratory Facilities;
1. Triaxial Shear Testing Machine
2. Vane Shear test
3. Unconfined Compression Machine
4. Permeability Tesing- Constant Head
5. CBR Test
Material Testing Lab Facilities;
1. Compression Testing Machine
2. Universal Testing Machine
Surveying Laboratory Facilities;
1. Total station
Transportation Engineering Lab
Environmental Engineering Lab
Major clients are; Ramco Cement, Dalmia Cement, Some major Builders etc.
The Student Outcomes define the knowledge and skills that will be mastered by our graduates. To enable the Civil Engineering students to accomplish the educational objectives, the curriculum is designed to assure that students at the time of graduation, would be able to possess;
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility as well as the importance of professional licensure
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- An ability to use the techniques, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice