Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has always retained high standards and expectations
for academic achievement. The department offers 2 courses
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering : No of Seats: 60
M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering : No of Seats: 18
The core objective of the Department is to fulfill its mission as defined in its mission statement. department takes initiative in conducting co-curricular and extracurricular activities along with the academics.
The Department currently has fifteen faculty members. Faculty members are highly qualified and exposed in specialized areas. Faculty research interest spans a wide range, from abstract theory to down-to-earth problems of immediate interest to industry which includes Algorithms, Architecture, OS, Security, Distributed Computing, Information Systems, Networks and Internet Technologies, AI and NLP, Graphics, Theoretical Computer Science, Software Engineering and Languages.
To impart high quality technical education and contribute in the development of nation through excellence in teaching, research and innovations.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is focused to prepare world class computer professionals through proficient mentors and researchers and to build quality engineers to excel in their profession to satisfy the global needs.
- The software facility in the department includes popular operating system platforms, programming language compilers, development tools, Simulation tools, DBMS packages, etc. Moreover, the department has a switched Fast Ethernet network connecting all nodes of the department through structured cabling with the main laboratory, servers and graphics workstations on Gigabit Ethernet.
- The department has all the latest teaching aids and equipment including several multimedia projectors, B&W and color laser printers, and scanners.
- The department has 100mbps Internet connections provided by Limras
- The departmental library has a comprehensive collection of latest books. It also subscribes to several national and international journals and popular computer magazines.
Rising Engineers Association of Computer Science and Technology (REACT)
REACT, an association consisting of student and faculty members of the department is functioning fully fledge in campus. REACT is coordinated by the Department of Computer Science. It is intended to provide a platform for the students to get an exposure to the latest technologies. Talks by experts, quiz competition, Inter collegiate Tech fests, Technical Exhibition along with non-technical events such as cricket tournament are the major activities of REACT.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To create graduate with sufficient capabilities in computer science and scientific computing who can become software engineers and researchers to satisfy the needs of the core computing industry
- To develop among students ability to formulate, analyse and solve real life problems faced in software industry
- To provide opportunity to students to learn the latest trends in computer technology and make them ready for life-long learning process
- To make the students aware of professional ethics of the Software Industry, and prepare them with basic soft skills essential for working in community and professional teams
- To prepare the students for graduate studies through competitive examinations, enabling them to reach higher stratums of excellence
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in fundamentals of computing, programming, algorithms and recent technologies
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of fundamentals of hardware technology relevant to understanding computer science basics
- AGraduates will have knowledge of the best practices in software development in industry
- Graduates will demonstrate capability to work in teams and in professional work environments
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their qualities of learning in latest technology
- Graduates will be able to develop the capability for self- learning